Caring for your shoes
Congratulations on your choice of CHESTER shoes!
Your CHESTER shoes have been manufactured through a combination of design, quality materials and craftsmanship developed in over centuries of shoe making. They have been created using high grade leathers which and will benefit from the following recommendations.
• We endeavour to make our shoes as comfortable as possible the first time you wear them however, we would always advise that any new pair of shoes should be worn for short periods of time to begin with to allow for bedding-in and to avoid discomfort.
• Regular cleaning and polishing of your shoes with the high quality shoe care products will maintain the suppleness of the leathers and enhance their good looks. We offer many products which are designed to help you care for your CHESTER shoes which can be viewed in this section of the site or in the special paper edition “TJ COLLECTION. Shoe care recommendations”.
• Store your shoes cleansed, in the original box or in a cloth bag. Process them with our antibacterial deodorant before storage.
• Always use a shoe horn when putting on the shoes to maintain the back shape. Choose from of our horns collection: gift horn, horns, decorated with natural leather, ergonomic shaped horn of lightweight plastic.
• We advise that you should not wear your shoes on successive days as the fine leathers used in their manufacture need 24 hours to dry out from natural perspiration and to restore its shape. CHESTER presents a great choice of seasonal shoes so you can change your favourites every day!